These three free songs are for you to try. The three songs included here for you to enjoy singing are:
- Little Bunnies Sleeping – a lovely song with some fun actions exploring louder and quieter sounds.
- Row, row, row your boat – a really catchy song which keeps to a steady beat and is ideal for adding your own sounds for the animals you meet when ‘rowing’ down the stream!
- Penny on the Water – another song ideal for adding movement as the little fish excitedly ‘jumps’ up out of the water.
Little Bunnies Sleeping [PDF, 867Kb]
Row Row Row [PDF, 1.69Mb]
Penny on the Water [PDF, 798Kb]
Free Resource Examples for Key Stage 1 and 2
The following are examples of free resources for Key Stages and 2: (These PDFs contain tables that are not accessible. If you require these documents in a different format, please contact us)
- Age Related Musical Skills – Example Curriculum Music KS1 – Yr 1 [PDF, 182Kb]
- Example Assessment Card – KS1 Red Challenge [PDF, 243Kb]
- Example Assessment Card – KS2 Yellow Challenge [PDF, 299Kb]
- Resource Example – Singing, Skills and Concepts for Key Stage 2 [PDF, 589Kb]
- Age Related Musical Skills – Example Curriculum Music Year 3 [PDF, 255Kb]
New Resources for Key Stage 2 – Age Related Musical Skills
This new resource is for music teachers. It includes suggestions for lessons and helpful links to a selection of songs plus games and activities.
The book is free for North Lincolnshire teachers. For non SLA schools there will be a small charge. Please contact us for more information at email@example.com or 01724 292933
BBC Ten Pieces – Get Creative with Classical Music
This is an exciting project for Primary Schools focusing on classical music and creativity. It’s a wonderful way to open up the world of classical music to children and to inspire them to become involved in creating their own music, dance, digital art and much more.
Free Music Teaching Resources from the ISM
Our friends at the ISM have produced a range of brilliant, free teaching resources with a number of different toolkits. You’ll find full details here. Aimed at primary music educators, there is a lot of value here for secondary school music teachers too.
Sing Start and Sing More
Charanga Musical School – an exciting digital resource to help teach the new Primary Music curriculum
The North Lincolnshire SCITT Partnership – offers School-Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT)